Waymarks are an award winning community support provider for people who have a mild to moderate learning disability and Autism. We are looking for a bright, energetic and creative service manager to work with us in Staffordshire .
This is an exciting position which will give you the opportunity to lead and grow people and teams who support people with complex backstories and aspirations. You will also inherit and work with outstanding clinical and operational teams, and benefit from the intelligent and professional environment Waymarks provides. It is a large locality so time management and planning will be crucial.
If successful on first interview you will undertake a second interview with people we support who will form part of the final decision making panel.
Other key info: Car driver is essential. We want the right people with the right attitudes and aptitudes, and we will provide training to develop the required skills. Successful applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS check (paid for by us).
Your role and duties will include:
- Ensuring compliance with CQC & internal audits
- Representing Waymarks in your locality
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the performance in your locality.
- Financial - Review financial statements and data. Utilise financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the your localities part in the financial well-being of the organisation.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organisational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures, promoting person centred high quality care
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources working closely with HR colleagues. Organise recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organisational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Ensure quality of outcomes. Manage quality and quantity of workforce productivity. Manage resources. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of the use of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions in your locality.
- Relationship management – Manage all pertinent relationships
- Strategic Input - Liaison with all parts of the organisation. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
The way you do those things is what matters. The people we support and the people supporting them are at the centre of what we do and your job will be to make sure that happens, that we deliver in an entirely person centred way, that we don’t get bogged down in judgements and power and control, and we support people to live the best life they can, on their terms, safely and in a real way, living an Ordinary Life.
The people we employ matter fundamentally to us and to the people they support. Enabling and empowering them is a crucial part of the job, and for that you will need exceptional people skills, considerable warmth.
You will be the face of Waymarks in your locality, reaching out to commissioners, care managers, circles of support, and making sure the Waymarks Way is shared positively and widely. Attending forums, meetings and events will be an important way to keep Waymarks on the radar and your relationships with all the different groups will matter very much.
We’re looking for someone who :
- Is Resourceful
- Sees the Fabulous in everyone
- Is Experienced in managing social support for people with learning disabilities and complexities
- Understands and values uniqueness and individuality
- Can meet and beat expectations
- Can lead and empower others and foster their independence
- Can be part of a national team of Managers to support growth in quality and capacity for Waymarks
- Is responsive to the needs and aspirations of people we support, people we employ, and other stakeholders.
Strong leadership qualities are required, along with stamina and a genuine interest in people. Your warmth and tact will cradle the people we support and the people supporting them and you will model best practise and positive relationship management while maintaining a clear expectation on performance and behaviour. Your management of people and your relationships locally will help us to grow our footprint and support even more people in the Waymarks Way.
In return, we offer;
- A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications and a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A bespoke induction package to orientate you to the Waymarks model of support.
- A pension scheme with contribution by Waymarks.
- Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
Positive about Disabled People
Waymarks value the diversity of all its employees. As a commitment to supporting disabled applicants and employees, we have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People symbol by Jobcentre Plus. This means:
- When you fill in the application form we will ask if you have a disability to make sure the application process is fair to people who have a disability.
- We will interview any person who declares they have a disability who meets the essential criteria for the job they are applying for. The essential criteria are the most important things needed to be able to do the job.
This work is interesting, often fascinating. It is rewarding, tiring, thought-provoking, satisfying and stimulating and is always fresh. You will work with a dedicated and warm group of people who have committed to this field and who have significant experience and who want you to succeed. Apply now, if this description ticks your boxes!
- •Managerial Roles